2016 - 2018 Endoscopy Result of The Specialists Surgery and Endoscopy Centre
The objectives of the survey are to gauge the performance of TSSEC on colonoscopy and patients’ health situation of lower digestive system:
- The frequency of procedure from 2016 to 2018
- The qualities of bowel preparation
- The caecal and Ileal intubation rate
- The morbidity and mortality rate
- The perforation rate
- The post-polypectomy bleeding rate
- The polyp detection rate
- The adenoma detection rate
- The cancer detection rate
Patients who had colonoscopy examination in The Specialists Surgery and Endoscopy Centre from January, 2016 to December, 2018.
Number of colonoscopy reports:
A total of 16,604 Colonoscopy Report. Full list of patients conducted colonoscopy examination in TSSEC in the survey period were exported from our endoscopy reporting system. A total of 16790 cases were exported. After screening, 51 cases belonged to suspected post-polypectomy bleeding cases while 21 cases were sigmoidoscopy cases, which both of them were not included for analysis. Moreover, 114 cases were not suitable as they are invalid entries. Hence, a total of 16604 cases were included for analysis.
This study is a retrospective study for all colonoscopy cases done in TSSEC between 2016 and 2018.
All information was gathered from three main sources:
- Colonoscopy report prepared by TSSEC after procedure
- Colonoscopy diagram drafted by clinical staff in TSSEC during procedure
- Histopathology report prepared by 3rd party laboratory (only for cases that had specimen sent to laboratory)
For colonoscopy report, they were exported directly from our endoscopy reporting system to reduce typo mistake. For the other two sources, hardcopy records were reviewed and inputted by our research assistants.
Data processing and analysis was done by TSSEC using excel and SPSS. International standards from American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE) and European Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ESGE) were used as a reference for comparison with our performance.